These Ocha Matcha gingerbread men are a fun way to get your matcha goodness.
10 minutes prep time. Makes 15 gingerbread men.
- 2 Chashaku of matcha powder (or 1 teaspoon)
- 100g softened butter
- 1 generous tbp golden syrup
- 350g self raising flour
- 100g demerara sugar
- 100g light muscovado brown sugar
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tsp ground ginger
- 1 large beaten egg
Preheat oven to 160ºC
- Lightly grease 3 baking trays
- Measure the butter and golden syrup into a small pan and melt over a gentle heat
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add the melted butter mixture and the egg to the dry ingredients and combine
- Form the dough into a large ball and roll out on a floured surface
- Use a cutter to create shaped of choice and place on to baking tray
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and then enjoy!
Click to buy or subscribe our premium matcha green tea here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.